When the fireworks along with rest of the Fourth of July festivities come close to an end how would you like a perfect tribute to this joyous day. Share it with friends and family as a patriotic surprise and boost your Fourth of July celebration with a sweet treat.
Let there be something other than the fireworks awe your family this Fourth of July and surprise them with a spectacular dessert. Ever heard of a shortcake recipe with a patriotic twist? We are at your service to share one! 4th of July cookout dinner with friends and family becomes hearty with this perfect dessert. The best part is it’s easy to make.
You’ll need the following things:
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, rinsed and sliced
Take a 9×13 inch pan and bake the cake according to directions on the package. Before frosting cool the cake completely after baking. Next step, frost the cake with thawed whipped topping. Then, place the blueberries in a square in the left hand corner. Arrange the strawberries in stripes to resemble the American flag. Keep cool until serving.
- To make serving much easier spray nonstick cooking oil to the bottom of the pan before baking cake mix.
- This cake serves six guests. If more than six guests are expect then it will be a good idea to bake one more cake.
- Be sure to purchase all ingredients listed on the cake mix package which are not listed above.