I know you all have busy lives, and sometimes don’t have enough time to cook big and healthy meals. Your refrigerator is a blessing in disguise which you can use to hygienically store meals and snacks for the week.
Prep Ahead: Breakfast Bowls
Breakfast keeps our day fresh and provides the energy we need early in the morning. We all know it. Cooking a hearty breakfast takes time which most people don’t have during busy mornings. There’s an easy way out. Prepare your great breakfast bowls early in the week and eat them during busy mornings. A hearty breakfast can have cheese, potatoes and eggs. Just prepare them early in the week and store them in your refrigerator. Voila! A nice, big breakfast every morning! Have a look at the recipe here.
Another great breakfast that you can prepare early is overnight oatmeal. Prepare it a night before and keep a jar or bowl in the fridge overnight. Make it for a couple of nights if you want. Sub-Zero, Kenmore, KitchenAid and Whirlpool are some great refrigerator brands to store your food and keep your meals healthy. Then all you will have to do before going to work is grab a spoon and dig in! Prepare them as you like it and customize it to your taste. Add flavors like honey, cinnamon and cocoa or add many various fruits. Some great ideas are available here.
No Bake Energy Bites
A snack provides you the necessary energy boost for the day. It’s important to have one on hand. Why not! These energy bites are healthy, delicious and thank God easy to make. Just mix up the ingredients and put it in the fridge to chill. Have a look how its done.
Grilled Chicken Veggie Bowl
You come home after a long tiring day and what you would like the least is cooking a big meal. Evenings are supposed to be relaxing, right! Don’t be disappointed, what you can do is make a grilled chicken veggie bowl before time. The ingredients are healthy and yummy. Cook everything, store the bowls in the fridge and eat when you feel like so. It can be customized to your taste by addition of seasonal vegetables of your choice. Find the recipe here.
These storage appliances which we call refrigerators are no less than a blessing. But to prepare refrigerator meals you need your fridge in good working condition or else all your efforts along with the prepared food can go to waste! Find useful tips about refrigerator maintenance here.
Summer is not the time to delay any refrigeration repair issues. We service refrigerator repair of all major brands including Sub-Zero refrigerator repair, Kenmore refrigerator repair, Kitchenaid refrigerator repair, Whirlpool refrigerator repair, GE refrigerator repair, Viking refrigerator repair, and Traulsen refrigerator repair in these areas of Nassau County and Suffolk County. If you do not see your area or refrigerator brand here call Appliance Guru immediately at (631) 517-4341.
Its summer time and you must be planning to host backyard parties and barbecues this season. Your outdoor kitchen can be beautiful and inspirational. Have a look at the outdoor kitchen options;
The Patio Kitchen
This gorgeous outdoor kitchen sits quietly on the patio against your home’s back wall. Your home looks stylish with stone on the kitchen walls. It has got all the necessities for you, its complete with storage for firewood, sink, counter and grill. The covered kitchen provides you comfort and weather protection. Have a look at an example we found of this covered kitchen here.
The Open Kitchen
Cook and entertain with ease in this open kitchen. For cooking and dining there is ample counter space while the cook can grill and enjoy backyard view at the same time courtesy of the open kitchen design. Converse with your guests at your backyard barbeque party with comfort, or while you cook just enjoy watching your kids play outside. You can find an example of this beautiful and spacious kitchen here.
The Poolside Kitchen
This outdoor kitchen is perfect for a backyard with a pool. It provides you plenty of counter space and all necessary facilities. You can match the counter top and front of the kitchen with the pool area. And yes! The cook can enjoy having a look at the pool over the open kitchen while grilling. Serve as a chef and a lifeguard, host an end-of-the-school-year swim party for your child at this perfect vantage point. View this poolside kitchen here.
The Pergola Kitchen
This beautiful outdoor kitchen has wonderful facilities. The pergola offers shaded sitting area and adds visual appeal to space. Relax, sit and entertain guests in your backyard while enjoying the ambiance created by the fireplace and elegant lighting. See your dream pergola here and find more pergola ideas here.
Of course you need working appliances for an outdoor kitchen. Consult Appliance Guru | Home Appliance Repair Center for all your appliance maintenance and repair needs.
The classic gas vs. charcoal grill showdown is perhaps known to all. You may fancy charcoal while your best friend loves to have gas grill food. Every passionate griller has their preference. Well if you’re still in a fix, the trick is to reach the issue as impartially as possible to help you choose the right grill for you.
If you want to cook in your comfort zone then you will love the convenience and ease of gas grill while enjoying the pleasure of outdoor cooking. ‘I want it all’ comes to life for them.
- Ease of use: It’s easy to learn to operate a gas grill and it almost comes instinctively. It only takes 10 -15 minutes for them to heat up and to a relief maintain a steady temperature. Most importantly to clean them is not a nightmare!
- Tailored heat zones: What if you want to cook more than one food simultaneously? Well from heaven comes a multi-burner gas grill. Set the temperature to keep the cooked meal warm on low, grill veggies on medium and cook meat on high.
- Accessories: Convenience at its best is when your gas grill comes with a too many accessorizing options. Rotisserie attachments, side tables, spice racks, side burners, storage drawers, night lights and more make grilling a loveable affair.
- Temperature aren’t high enough: Cooking your steak to perfection keeping them crispy outside and medium-rare inside needs the grill temperature to reach a certain high level which is only possible in very expensive gas grills only. You can always cook food other than steak on gas grills just fine or even a steak if you like them well done.
- Signature flavor is missing: Adding wood chips to the grill gives a signature flavor isn’t an easy task. Unless your grill has a smoke box you’ll need to make your own foil packets. Then you’ll need more wood than usual due to poor sealing of gas grill lids.
- They’re expensive to buy and to keep: As they come with many accessories and complex parts, they cost quite a lot and more likely need repair often.
Traditional way to grill is charcoal grill. Those who are enthralled with the thought of playing with fire and setting up a charcoal grill often look down to others who cannot afford to appreciate the conventional ritual.
- High Heat: Oh Yes! They can produce heat up to 700 degrees F. One of the biggest reasons people love them is that charcoal gives the signature flavor to the steak or lamb with a crisp outside and nice juicy inside.
- That Smoky Flavor: Some things just cannot be imitated including a superior tasting smoky meat that charcoal lovers would even swear by.
- Less expensive: Charcoal grills cost less upfront, but how much running them costs depends upon fuel prices as the cost of briquettes tends to be higher than natural gas or propane.
- Messy: Charcoal is dirty to handle, but you never have to actually touch them if you use gloves or tongs. Well for some the fun is actually in this! But still be prepared to clear up the ash after you are done cooking.
- Cooking time is longer: Charcoal grills are not easy to light up and they almost take double the time to heat up in comparison to gas or propane grill.
- Controlling temperature is difficult: You actually hard to be sure about the temp you are cooking at and changing it quickly is not possible at all. You need to add more charcoal for longer cooking times as the temp gradually decreases.
- Flare-ups can burn food: With a squirt gun it’s possible to contain the flare-ups, this makes cooking a bit more panicky (or depends upon fun mantra!)
It’s not actually a Gas vs. Charcoal debate; it’s a showdown between compromises like convenience at the cost of signature flavor and price face-off with enough practice to yield excellent results. What would you like is just preference.